Product Manager (NL/FR/EN)
About the position
As Product Manager you are responsible for defining products and requirements that seamlessly combine a great user experience, business benefits and (emerging) technologies. You are a pragmatic idealist in a way that you can envision the best possible outcome, but you know that you can only deliver value if you can ship products to end users in both Belgium and the Netherlands.
As Product Manager you will work with a crystal-clear mission: create and improve digital products that make customers happy and businesses grow. You realise this mission by taking on the following responsibilities:
Product vision & strategy
- you understand the long-term business strategy, and incorporate this into the product strategy & roadmap
- you make sure the vision and strategy are understood and shared by all relevant stakeholders, by sharing it in an engaging way
- you detect challenges & opportunities on the long-term business strategy, and share them with all stakeholders
Product discovery & definition
- you translate strategic goals and recommendations into tangible products and requirements
- you lead product discovery workshops with the client and internal stakeholders
- you prioritise products and requirements into high-level versions based on strategic priority
- you validate your work with key stakeholders (IT, production, sales and marketing) to keep everyone aligned and on the same page
- you ensure that high-level product requirements are broken down into small and easy to implement chunks of work, allowing the product to be built and delivered in an effective way.
- Besides the ‘new requirements’ you keep the backlog up to date with ideas and address the bugs (that are reported to you by sales/customers success teams).
- you make sure roadmap items are elaborated by creating technical specifications for our IT team 'ready for development' in a timely manner.
- by closely following up with IT and production, you make sure that we don’t just shape great products, but also ship great products. This means that you are involved in the functional testing of your releases.
- You train our sales and customer success managers regarding your product/new releases.
- You coordinate with our marketing team in order to campaigns and materials related to new releases/changes of the product.
Product success & growth
- you identify, track and analyse key product success metrics
- you are able to adapt the high-level roadmap priorities in order to positively impact these metrics
Represent the end user
- you represent the interests of end users towards different stakeholders, both internal and external, to make sure their needs are met
- you show leadership in best practices around user-centered design, standard user behaviour and user expectations towards different stakeholders, both internal and external
- you analyse market developments and customer needs to determine customer's requirements for our products or services
- you monitor competitors to predict their future moves and strategies and to allow our product and services to standout
- You have 3-5 experience in Digital Product Management or Service Design
- You are able to develop a full understanding of a company's business strategy, assess how a digital product can support that strategy and translate this in concrete objectives for the product.
- You have a solid understanding of human-centered design and best-practices in digital customer experience
- You understand digital technology (mobile, web, cloud ...)
- You understand IT development and have worked with IT developers in several projects
- You know how to communicate ideas and opinions, and you can navigate and align multiple stakeholders
- You have the ability to prioritise. You can handle several projects and many different tasks in an organised way.
- You are comfortable and confident in a client-facing role.
- You easily work autonomously and together with others. At EBP, you will be a ‘spider in a web’, working with many different teams. However, you carry the responsibility of your product and as such receive a high degree of autonomy as well.
- You are fluent in Dutch or French (if only one: have a good proficiency of the other language) and English
- Experience with: agile development processes, wireframing, project management tools (Planner, Confluence, Notion, etc.) or platform product management are considered a plus
EBP is the marketplace for public tenders and construction projects in the Benelux. Every day our project leads unit helps our clients to grow revenue by generating new business and sales opportunities. We also help our clients to be more efficient and productive with our knowledge services such as consultancy, training, events and media.
Many thousands of companies have opted for the high quality and reliability of our products and services.
EBP is a subsidiary of the French Infopro Digital, an international, leading information and services group. The group's mission is: "turning information into performance". Within EBP we implement this mission with great commitment. EBP's headquarters are located in Jette, Brussels.
For our core subscription based products in our project leads unit we are looking for a Product Manager.